Welcome New Drivers
About this page
On this page you will find information about our race format which is different than most derby
drivers are used to, Parking, Camping, and contacts to help make your visit and participation as
smooth as possible.
- The night starts with Tech which begins about 2 pm.
- At 5:30 we start time trials this is you get one lap for your time.
- At approx 6:15 we have a drivers meeting. It will be announced.
- 6:30 racing starts with “Dash Races”. First car to complete 8 laps wins.
- Then comes our rollover competition. You get 2 attempts at the ramp.
- We pull the ramp and have our special event for the night. Check the schedule to see what they are.
- We then alternate “heat races” and “figure 8’s”. (3 of each for each car class)
- At Approx 8pm we have a 10 min break to get ready for finales.
- Finales Mini Cars do thiers first, after the track is cleared the Big cars do thiers. Pays 1st through 4th.
Some Notes On Our Races
- After you pay your pitpass you may participate in any of the events for the night
with the exception of some of the special events. (they may have a special team or sign up).
- We line up cars for the heats and figure 8’s. We take the cars in the order that they are lined up in.
If you do not want to participate in the that particular race then you must go to the back of the line
and take your chances with getting the race type that you want. Typically a well built car can get in
3 races a night depending on car count.
- If all you want to do is the finale park your car and enjoy the show when finale time rolls around jump in your
car and smash something (on the track).
- All of our races are full contact; provided that the contact is done in a good “sportsman like manner”.
We have three classes of cars. They are Big cars, Mini cars and Rollover Cars. Please check our
rules for specific build requirements. Camping & Parking
|To the right you will see an ariel view of the fairgrounds.
The fairgrounds are situated between Bremerton and Silverdale Washington. This map can help you with directions.
Near by places of intrest (Kitsap Mall, auto-parts stores, motels, and restruants) can all be found within 10 minutes
driving time from the fairgrounds.
The arena is approximately 320 feet long and 100 feet wide. The fans sit in grand stands just outside the arena walls
(one covered grandstand and one uncovered). The pit area is mostly gravel. There is water available and hopefully power
will be available for the 2006 season. You may use torches (provided you have a fire extinguisher on hand) in the pits.
There are several people that have winches. If you ask nicely they will usually give you a hand pulling out your
crumpled sheet metal. If you need help with your car ask someone they will usually give you a hand or point you to
someone that can help you out; wether it be tools or parts. The object is to go out and smash cars not spend all night
working on them. Just be courteous and return the favor or part.
Please use the links at the top of the page. Meeting information has what is/was talked about
at the last general meeting, dates, rules and some other info. Schedules will have our yearly race schedule
If you have questions or need help planning for your trip to us feel free to ask one of the Board members. Please see
the Contact us page for more information. We all hope that your experience with us will be a good one.